When I get an e-mail from WordPress saying that I got a comment on a blog post, it usually turns out to be spam…which is totally cool, because I (a) don’t aggressively market my blog and (b) I have hitherto primarily used it for catharsis and cyber-accountability. Bearing that in mind, I was quite surprised (and touched) when I discovered that Kim at Craft-Create-Connect nominated me for a Sunshine Award.
I’m still pretty new to the blogosphere and therefore had no idea that such a thing existed, but her acknowledgement brought a little bit of sunshine and encouragement into my life when I was feeling rather blue. (I have 2 sick babies with 4 infected ears between the two of them. Being Momma, I have been contaminated myself, and right now, the sound of my voice is alternating between post-Ursula Ariel and an adolescent gosling who was just hit by a bus.) Thank you, Kim!
Apparently, this particular award has a few rules. Boom.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that were asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Include 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Notify your nominees about this post.
In the words of the immortal Ace Ventura, Pet Detective, “Alllll-righty, then.”
- I would absolutely love to be a Mythbuster. It is the perfect blend of art, science, electronics, and explosives…and I do love me the smell of gunpowder in the morning. Or any time of day, for that matter. Plus, I think Kari needs a friend.
- I cannot make pancakes or grilled cheese sandwiches without setting off the smoke detector.
- If I were a crayon, I would want to be peacock blue.
- I still love Nancy Drew and occasionally stay up too late reading her stories.
- I have never had a cavity, but I had 6 wisdom teeth that were taken out 1 at a time.
- I need the sun. As soon as it gets dark outside, my brain powers off. On dark and cloudy days, it never fully boots. When I was stationed out in the Pacific Northwest, I was never fully alert.
- If I were trying to be the Next Food Network Star, I would want to be mentored by Alton Brown. I never understood cooking or baking until I started watching him and learned “why” it all works.
- I don’t like chocolate ice cream.
- I can’t draw with charcoals without looking like I’ve been playing in a fireplace.
- If I were a scent, I would want to be a citrus.
- Sunflowers are my favorite flower.
And now…Kim’s questions.
- Let’s start with something important…white, milk or dark chocolate? Dark. Really dark. Like 80% dark.
- Coffee or tea (or something totally different)? Tea! I’m not usually allowed to drink coffee without adult supervision…I kind of turn into Dr. Krunklehorn from Disney’s Meet the Robinsons.
- Where do you find your inspiration? Life. I haven’t really narrowed my blog’s focus yet, so I tend to write about whatever is currently going on in my life. Like gestational diabetes, sewing projects and kitchen experiments.
- Monday mornings… love them or loathe them? Love them!
- What is it that keeps you blogging? As I said earlier, writing is cathartic. Also, I can’t lose a blog. I tend to lose my diaries.
- Curl up on the couch or night on the town? Curl up on the couch. Preferably, with a book.
- Who would you say is your hero? Winston Churchill.
- Best film of all time? Oh, dear. I’m going to go with Mary Poppins. Do I seriously have to narrow it down to just one?
- How would you describe yourself in 10 words or less? If it’s worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.
- Do you have a job not associated with your blog? If so, what is it? I am a stay-at-home homeschooling wife and mother. I am also a part-time student, a piano teacher, and I occasionally paint on commission.
- Where else can we find and follow you? You can find me on Pinterest and on Twitter! (Side note: I don’t really tweet much but my blog posts, but I’m there.)
Because I am a morning glory and am still sick, and therefore need to get some sleep, I am going to stop here for now. I will pick up with my own nominees and questions for said nominees in my next post.
To be continued…