Back on 02 January, I shared my checklist of things I wanted to accomplish in 2013. Seeing as this year is rapidly drawing to a close, it is time for me to let y’all know how that all went.
- Have my baby. Check! New Baby arrived on 27 March 2013 after induction and 32 hours of labor. He weighed in at 8 pounds 14 ounces and was 21 inches long. I ended up having an epidural right at the end. It had been 29 hours and I couldn’t catch my breath. I might just lead with that from now on. It was awesome. Anyway, New Baby has grown tremendously in the last nine months and got his first tooth from Santa for Christmas.
- Get back to pre-baby weight. Check! I am down to where I was before I was pregnant with Toddler.
- Start doing pregnancy yoga again. That was kinda hit or miss. What can I say? I’m a work in progress.
- Date my husband more often. We got to go on exactly 2 out-of-house dates this year. However, that was more than we got last year, so I’m thankful. We did get to spend a lot of quality time together, which is awesome.
- Drink more water. I’m doing better. Still have room for improvement. Still don’t like water.
- Plant a garden! Maybe in 2014…
- Reorganize my kitchen. Yes and no. I reorganized the dish and canned goods cabinets and replaced my pots and pans and Rubbermaid containers. I also got 2 new chef’s knives for Christmas from my in-laws. They’re awesome, but I have to confess that I’m a little afraid of them still. I still have to go through my spice and medicine cabinets.
- Get an A in my BMIS 330 class. I got an A! I also got A’s in 4 other classes and changed my major.
- Maintain academic excellence in our little home school and have fun doing it. Check!
- More of the good stuff. Music, painting/drawing, reading, family game nights, kitchen science, writing, homemade Christmas presents…you get the idea. I started teaching piano again this year, so that’s more music. I painted 4 canvases as well as the ceramic ornaments for all of my kiddies’ grandparents. I read a lot of textbooks. We did have several family game nights, which were a blast! Kitchen science…does creating a few new recipes count? I wrote a metric butt-ton of papers. And did make a few of the Christmas presents this year. So I guess…check!
Stay tuned for a recap of the high points of 2013 and the list of non-resolutions for 2014!